Sunday, November 8, 2009

This week for Dinner

We just got home from a very restful weekend at the coast. We stayed at Cambria Pines Resort on the Central Valley Coast. It was a great place we had for 2 nights. A nice big suite with a king size bed, free breakfast buffet, and lots of gardens to meander through. And of course.. any trip to the coast means finding the best places to eat and stuff ourselves silly. Well, this weekend was no different than the rest... it consisted of:

Friday Night: On the road, but when we got there we stopped at JJ's Pizzaria and had our all time favorite of pepperoni and black olive pizza. We took it back to our suite and sat on the couch and watched tv.

Saturday: Breakfast from the hotel: Eggs, sausage, potatoes, fresh garden salsa, homemade biscuits, oatmeal, fresh bran muffins, cottage cheese and pineapple, oj, milk, and hot chocolate... and that's just what I had for breakfast!!!

We walked around downtown Cambria popping in and out of stores, then went back to rest in our room. Scott was full from breakfast just 2 hours earlier, but not me! I walked over the the main lodge and bought myself the all you can eat soup and salad bar. Since I was taking it back to the room, I piled my to-go box high of fresh lettuce, veggies, breadsticks, and cream of broccoli soup. I went back and ate 1/2 of it. I laid down for a nap and 2 hours later I finished it all off!

For dinner that night we went to the best steakhouse, no matter where it is... Tahoe Joes. I had some nachos and soup as Scott ordered his favorite... Fillet Mignon. We drove back to Cambria from San Luis Obipso to get some great pie at Linn's. We also took this back to our room and ate in the Living Room part. Stuffed, I pulled off my too tight jeans and slipped into my stretchy preggo pants!!!

Sunday we woke up for another filling breakfast in the main lodge, where I did not go as crazy with the food. We ate lunch in Morro Bay after watching some surfers catch some waves in Cauyocus. We ate these HUGE tacos filled with meat and a Californian fusion salad at Taco Temple. Then on the way home... stuffed and fufilled from the restful and yummy weekend.

So now, as I look forward to the rest of the week I am going to try to keep with the really great tasting food theme from the weekend.

Monday: Ravioli with red sauce, garlic bread, and mixed greens salad with basil and olive oil dressing.
Tuesday: Herb Breaded Chicken, pea salad,
Wednesday: Chicken Enchiladas, beans, rice, guac & chips
Thursday: Orange Chicken and fried rice (maybe even some potstickers)
Friday: Dinner at the Johnson's new home!
Saturday: ??????????????????

No comments: