Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 5

Made it to Friday!

Last night I frosted the Pumpkin Scones we made on Wednesday. I cut sourdough bread and packed up my rolling cart with lots of yummies for Staff Treats. I loaded up my car this morning and got busy at school creating a fall atmosphere (not Halloween). I did go with Halloween colors, black table cloth, orange plates and cups, and pumpkins and leaves on the table. BUT no eyeballs, worms, or yucky looking things. I spread out the scones, bread, jalapeno artichoke dip, and mixed together candy corn and peanuts. I opted for easy soda bottles instead of making coffee... which the janitor makes every day, along with iced tea. Everyone loved it! Whew :) Last night, as I cut and cut and cut bread at 9pm, I wondered why I didn't sign up for Easter treats. I would be on maternity leave, have all day to prepare, and I could have brought the baby to see everyone. But now it's done and I no longer have to worry about it until next year :)

Ok, on to the results for today. Because I am sure everyone (the three of you that read this) wants to know what happened today in my quest to not go to the store, eat out, or buy food.

Well, for breakfast... 2 pumpkin scones that did not fit on the plates and chocolate milk. Not the healthiest, but it worked. Snack.. scones, bread, dip... lots of bread and dip. Lunch... water! Full from snack time. Dinner: I got home early today, watched Grey's Anatomy and the Office and played on Facebook. So when Scott got home I made some Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup (Trader Joe's that has been sitting in my cupboard for 3-4 weeks) and a grilled cheese sandwich. Niana had some peaches, whole wheat bread, and chicken strips with grape juice. Scott had nachos and left over jalapeno dip. I am sure we will be snacking on something when Niana goes to bed. Hopefully it will not be the candy corn and peanuts and left over scones!!!

No comments: