On Monday, we finished Phase 1, Week 1 of the South Beach Diet. I stocked up on meat, veggies, nuts and cheese. The first week went great. We had some delicious healthy meals including: Italian grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, and cottage cheese.
Last Friday, I went with some girlfriends to visit a friend in San Jose. We ate dinner on the road (I had broccoli beef), breakfast at home (eggs, canadian bacon, cheese), Lunch at Mimi's Cafe ( seared sirloin salad), and dinner (carne asada burrito--- didn't eat the tortilla, but I did eat 2 small tortilla chips.)
Result: I lost 7 lbs!!!! I even fit nicely into a size 8 dress that I picked up at J.Crew for promotion.
This week was the last week of school for me. I managed to do well. We have had taco salad (minus the taco), tri-tip and salad, and grilled chicken salad. I am really tired of salads and veggies. They are not my favorite. On Wed @ school, the 8th grade parents hosted a pancake breakfast. It smelled really good, but I didn't partake. Last night: Subway Salad due to 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony. Today, I forgot to get my breakfast. At lunch, one of the classes had BBQ hamburgers. The teacher made some tri-tip for the adults!! Perfect. I had some salad with it. But this afternoon, I gave my daughter a rice crispy treat one of my students gave me today. I took a small bite... AND WOW!! The sugar!!! It gave me a head ache. I am ready to start eating fruit and some whole grains after this weekend, but I will need to watch the strong sugar intake.
No comments:
Post a Comment